Road Closures for National Heroes Day Celebrations, 22-25 January
The Cayman Islands Government, in conjunction with The Honourable Alden McLaughlin, MBE, JP, MP, Premier and The Honourable Dwayne Seymour, JP, MP, Minister for Culture will be hosting National Heroes Day Celebrations in central George Town, on Monday, 25 January 2021 (Public Holiday) starting at 9:00AM.
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2021 celebration will celebrate our Seafaring Heritage and recognize our National Heroes.
Due to this ceremony, the following roads will be closed from 6:00PM Friday, 22 January, until 9:00PM Monday, 25 January 2021, to allow for setup and breakdown, and temporarily re-opened between 12:00AM and 12:00PM on Saturday, 23 January:
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
Please see the below map depicting the specifics. Customers will have access to businesses and banking, for those establishments opened on Saturday and the Holiday Monday.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the Protocol Office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 244-2253.