CI committed to support lifelong learning goals amid COVID pandemic
In 2021, the Cayman Islands will continue to adapt as a result of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and prepare for the new year. You have the opportunity to pursue personal and professional goals through lifelong learning.
Keeping your goals SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound) is key in maintaining momentum and staying motivated throughout the year. Here are some ideas to get you started on planning for the new you in the new year:
- Learn a new skill. Whether it is to enhance your current role or prepare you to diversify, there are many options out there that could benefit you.
- Read at least one book and read a few pages every night. It's amazing what reading can do to give you a fresh perspective on things. No wonder it's highly recommended by those in the C-suite.
- Highlight your personal brand on LinkedIn. Your LinkedIn profile is a great way to showcase who you are, what you can do and how you can be a great fit for an organisation. Keep it up-to-date just like your resume.
- Attend networking events. In many ways, the pandemic has brought people closer together as it encouraged more sharing and collaboration. Be on the lookout for in-person and virtual events and connect with like-minded individuals or even new employers.
- Take a class or two. Get a professional certification or work towards finishing your degree. Investing in yourself pays off as you advance your career.
Access our toolkit and discover all of the opportunities available to retool, upskill and advance in 2021 by visiting www.gov.ky/skillsforlife